Aubs ready for bed after her first day at Peggy's Childcare. Definitely doesn't look too traumatized huh!
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Dooms Day
Ok so that might be a slight exaggeration; but the day I've been dreading for the past 4 months, 2 weeks and 1 day came on Monday - Aubry's first day at daycare. (And therefore of course my first day back to work full time, yuck) So I sought out some solace is the best place I could think of - Facebook. ;) I got several words of encouragement - "it's always harder for you than the baby", "she'll make new friends", yes all true. Doesn't change the fact that I teared up on the way to work after we dropped her off. shhh don't tell anybody. The room just seemed so...sterile. Kind of like a hospital waiting room or something. Just enough space in the room for a small crib for each child and some swings & jumpers set up in the middle. I'm like "there's not even a place for them to lay out on a blanket or anything!" Probably necessary to keep the little ones already crawling out of trouble and in the room, but still. I did call once, only once, to check on her around 10 a.m. (Derek made me!....) and they tell me she scratched herself under her left eye! What?!?! A scratch!?!? Said she was crying so hard her face was red and I guess she scratched herself in all her fussiness. "She was hungry" Oh yeah, probably should have warned y'all about that. When she's ready to eat, she's ready to eat; Like NOW! Of course when we picked her up (after leaving work about an hour early because I couldn't stand it anymore) she was happily playing in a little jumper, but soooo happy to see us. And of course the scratch wasn't really all that bad. But now they know. :) But the next day we took her a play gym to set up in her bed and left one of her blankets and a little toy to make it more of her own little space. I, in turn, did much better on day 2.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment